Savings 2 Account
Your share 2 account is an additional credit union savings account.
Members can open a shares 2 account at any time during the course of their membership.
Shares 2 is an easy access account, funds can be withdrawn at any time, even if you have a loan outstanding.
You can choose to save on a weekly, fortnightly or monthly basis and the amount you save is up to you. There is no minimum or maximum amount.
Your savings are insured FREE OF CHARGE and any benefit due will be paid to your next of kin often when it is needed most. Please make sure you read our insurance section for full details.
There are no hidden fees or charges on your transactions and you can relax knowing that your savings are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
There are several ways you can deposit into your shares 2 account:
- Call into the office and pay by cash or cheque.
- Use your PayPoint card at any of the local outlets, excluding the Post Office.
- If you work for South Lanarkshire Council, you can arrange a payroll deduction.
- Set up a standing order to be deducted from your bank account.
- Phone or call into the office to pay by debit card.
Please note that the minimum payment accepted by PayPoint and debit card is £10.00.