Qualifying for membership
To be eligible to join East Kilbride Credit Union, you need to meet both of these conditions:
- Be aged 18 or over, or have a sponsor if under 18
- Live or work in South Lanarkshire, North Lanarkshire, Renfrewshire or East Renfrewshire
You will require:
- A valid debit or credit card to make your initial deposit of £10.00
- To supply information for an online identification check to be made.
If you meet these conditions and wish to JOIN ONLINE TODAY, you can click on the link below where you will be invited to complete our online joining form that includes an online identification check. Please note this is not a credit search.
Making your first deposit
When your form has been submitted you will be asked to complete your first deposit of £10.00 to activate your new credit union account.
You will be re-directed to Worldpay to deposit via your debit or credit card. Worldpay is a major global leader in payment processing and operates in over 40 countries. East Kilbride Credit Union has chosen them as our provider for online card transactions.
Worldpay accepts payments from the following card providers:
What happens next?
Once your payment has been confirmed, we will process your application and post your welcome pack within 7 days.
What if I don’t wish to join online?
Alternatively, if you wish to call in to the office to join, please remember to bring two forms of identification with you when you call in.
- One form of photographic I.D. (such as a passport or driving licence)
- One form of proof of address I.D. dated within the last 3 months (such as a bank statement, utility bill, official letter)
- If you do not have photographic I.D. we can take two forms of proof of address (both must be dated within the past 3 months and be from different companies)
A minimum deposit of £6.00 will be required to open your account.
Refund Policy: Any new member who joins online and is not eligible to be a member of EKCU based on our common bond, will have their full deposit refunded to their debit/credit card and be notified of their account closure.