Savings 2 Account
Your share 2 account is an additional credit union savings account. This is an easy access account where funds can be withdrawn at any time, even if you have a loan outstanding.
Members can open a shares 2 account at any time during the course of their membership.
You could use this account as an additional savings account for your holidays or Christmas. Setting aside a small amount each week soon adds up and it wont be long before you see those pennies turn to pounds.
You can choose to save on a weekly, fortnightly or monthly basis and the amount you save is up to you. There is no minimum or maximum amount.
Your savings are insured FREE OF CHARGE and any benefit due will be paid to your next of kin often when it is needed most. Please make sure you read our insurance section for full details.
There are no hidden fees or charges on your transactions and you can relax knowing that your savings are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
There are several ways you can deposit into your shares 2 account:
- Call into the office and pay by cash, card or cheque.
- If you work for South Lanarkshire Council or one of our partner employers, you can arrange a payroll deduction.
- Set up a standing order to be deducted from your bank account.
- Phone or call into the office to pay by debit card or alternatively register for our online services and pay with your debit card via our website.
- Please note that the minimum payment accepted by debit card is £10.00.
Savings 3 Account
A share 3 account is another account that works exactly the same as a share 2 account. These additional accounts are there to allow you to save and withdraw funds that are not attached to any outstanding loan.